Place:


Fordham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fordham like this:

FORDHAM, a parish in Downham district, Norfolk; on the river Wissey, adjacent to the Lynn and Ely railway, 2½ miles S of Downham Market. Post town, Downham. Acres, 2, 204. Real property, £2, 804. Pop., 211. Houses, 35. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £51. Patron, E. R. Pratt, Esq. The church has an embattled tower, and is good.

Fordham through time

Fordham is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Fordham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fordham in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6005

Date accessed: 06th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Fordham ".