Place:


Strumpshaw  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Strumpshaw like this:

STRUMPSHAW, a parish, with a village, in Blofield district, Norfolk; 1½ mile N of Buckenham r. station, and 7 E of Norwich. Post town, Burlingham, under Norwich. Acres, 1,337. Real property, £2,961. Pop., 386. Houses, 91. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with Bradeston, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £520.* Patron, the Rev. E. S. Whitbread. The church is good. Charities, £11.

Strumpshaw through time

Strumpshaw is now part of Broadland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Broadland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Strumpshaw itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Strumpshaw, in Broadland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5930

Date accessed: 28th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Strumpshaw ".