Place:


Thurgarton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thurgarton like this:

THURGARTON, a parish in Erpingham district, Norfolk; 7½ miles NW of North Walsham r. station. Post town, Hanworth, under Norwich. Acres, 961. Real property, £2,106. Pop., 264. Houses, 54. The manor belongs to the Bishop of Norwich. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £206. Patron, the Bishop of N. The church is decorated English.

Thurgarton through time

Thurgarton is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thurgarton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thurgarton in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5853

Date accessed: 12th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thurgarton ".