Place:


Tittleshall  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tittleshall like this:

TITTLESHALL, a parish in Mitford district, Norfolk; 4¾ miles N of Fransham r. station, and 6 SSW of of Fakenham. It includes the ancient parish of Godwick; and it has a post-office under Swaffham. Acres, 3,364. Real property, £5,527. Pop., 544. Houses, 117. Nearly all the property belongs to the Earl of Leicester. The living is a double rectory, united with Wellingham, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £947.* Patron, the Earl of Leicester. The church is good; and there are three dissenting chapels, and charities £13.

Tittleshall through time

Tittleshall is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tittleshall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tittleshall, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5815

Date accessed: 26th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tittleshall ".