Place:


Littleton  Middlesex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Littleton like this:

LITTLETON, a parish in Staines district, Middlesex; near the river Thames, at the boundary with Surrey, opposite Chertsey, and 3 miles SE of Staines r. station. It has a post office under Chertsey. Acres, 1,060. Real property, £1,630. Pop., 111. Houses, 20. Nearly all the property, with Littleton House, belongs to General Wood. The living is a rectory in the diocese of London. Value, £320.* Patron, General Wood. The church is early English, and contains a brass of 1553 and some monuments.

Littleton through time

Littleton is now part of Spelthorne district. Click here for graphs and data of how Spelthorne has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Littleton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Littleton, in Spelthorne and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5656

Date accessed: 26th October 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Littleton ".