Place:


Pilton  Rutland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pilton like this:

PILTON, a parish in Uppingham district, Rutland; on the river Chater, and on the Syston and Peterborough railway, 2 miles W of Luffenham r. station, and 4 N E of Uppingham. Post-town, Uppingham. Acres, 332. Real property, £525. Pop., 72. Houses, 13. The manor belongs to Lord Aveland. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £101. Patron, Lord Aveland. The church was partly rebuilt in 1852.

Pilton through time

Pilton is now part of Rutland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rutland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pilton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pilton in Rutland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5567

Date accessed: 05th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pilton ".