Place:


Graveley  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Graveley like this:

GRAVELEY, a parish in Hitchin district, Herts; on the Roman road to Verulam, 2 miles N by E of Stevenage, and 3 ESE of Hitchin r. station. Post town, Stevenage. Acres, 1,817. Real property, £3, 057. Pop., 422. Houses, 87. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Chivesfield, in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £391. * Patron, the Rev. T. F. Green. The church is ancient but good, and has an embattled tower.

Graveley through time

Graveley is now part of North Hertfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Hertfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Graveley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Graveley in North Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5521

Date accessed: 08th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Graveley ".