Place:


Pennington  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pennington like this:

PENNINGTON, a chapelry in Milford parish, Hants; 1½ mile N W of Lymington r. station. It was constituted in 1843; and its post town is Lymington. Real property, £2, 103. Pop., 753. Houses, 168. P. House is the seat of P. Taylor, Esq. The living is a p-curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value. £100.* Patron, the Vicar of Milford The church was built in 1839.

Pennington through time

Pennington is now part of New Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how New Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pennington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pennington, in New Forest and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5492

Date accessed: 19th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pennington ".