Place:


Shenley  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shenley like this:

SHENLEY, a parish in the districts of Newport-Pag-nelland Winslow, Bucks; near the Northwestern railway, 3¼ miles NW by N of Bletchley Junction r. station, and 4 SE of Stony-Stratford. It consists of a township and a hamlet, and has a post-office, of the name of S.-Church-End, under Stony-Stratford. ...


Acres, 2,900. Real property, £4,598. Pop., 492. Houses, 105. The manor belongs to M. Knapp, Esq. S. House is the residence of J. Bailey, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £500.* Patron, M. Knapp, Esq. The church is early and decorated English, cruciform, and good, with a central tower. There are alms houses with £35 a year.

Shenley through time

Shenley is now part of Milton Keynes district. Click here for graphs and data of how Milton Keynes has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Shenley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shenley, in Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5438

Date accessed: 22nd January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Shenley ".