Place:


South Warnborough  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Warnborough like this:

WARNBOROUGH (South), a parish in Hartley-Wintney district, Hants; 6 miles S W of Winchfield r. station. It has a post-office under Winchfield. Acres, 2,569. Real property, £3,125. Pop., 369. Houses, 75. W. Park is the seat of T. Wayne, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £594.* Patron, St. John's College, Oxford. Charities, £13.

South Warnborough through time

South Warnborough is now part of Hart district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hart has changed over two centuries. For statistics about South Warnborough itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Warnborough, in Hart and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5325

Date accessed: 27th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " South Warnborough ".