Place:


Humber  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Humber like this:

HUMBER, a parish in Leominster district, Hereford; on the river Lug, near the Leominster and Bromyard railway, 3¼ miles SE of Leominster. It includes the hamlet of Risbury; and its post town is Leominster. Acres, 1, 494. Real property, £1, 624. Pop., 251. Houses, 58. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to H. D. Burrs, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £170. * Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church has a tower, and is good. There is a free school.

Humber through time

Humber is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Humber itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Humber in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5289

Date accessed: 28th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Humber ".