Place:


Cookbury  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cookbury like this:

COOKBURY, a parish in Holsworthy district, Devon; 4 miles ENE of Holsworthy, and 14 S by W of Bideford r. station. Post-town, Holsworthy, North Devon. Acres, 2, 710. Real property, £1, 135. Pop., 249. Houses, 50. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Milton-Damerell, in the diocese of Exeter. The church is early English, and not good.

Cookbury through time

Cookbury is now part of Torridge district. Click here for graphs and data of how Torridge has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cookbury itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cookbury, in Torridge and Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5219

Date accessed: 13th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cookbury ".