Place:


Deneio  Caernarvonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Deneio like this:

DENIO, a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; on the coast, containing the town of Pwllheli. Post town, Pwllheli. Acres, 1, 278; of which 376 are water. Real property, £4, 998. Pop., 2, 420. Houses, 567. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Llannor, in the diocese of Bangor. The church was built in 1860, at a cost of £450; and is in the early English style. A grammar school has £40 from endowment; and other charities £24.

Deneio through time

Deneio is now part of Gwynedd district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gwynedd has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Deneio itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Deneio, in Gwynedd and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5191

Date accessed: 21st May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Deneio ".