Place:


Ashby St Mary  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ashby St Mary like this:

ASHBY, a parish in Loddon district, Norfolk; 3 miles SW of Buckenham r. station, and 7 SE of Norwich. Post Town, Rockland under Norwich. Acres, 487. Real property, £1,360. Pop., 257. Houses, 58. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Carleton, in the diocese of Norwich.

Ashby St Mary through time

Ashby St Mary is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ashby St Mary itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ashby St Mary in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5158

Date accessed: 28th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ashby St Mary ".