Place:


Shotesham St Mary  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shotesham St Mary like this:

SHOTTESHAM-ST. MARY, or Low Shottesham, a parish in Henstead district, Norfolk; 1¾ mile SE of Swainsthorpe r. station. Post town, Shottesham, under Norwich. Acres, 1,910. Rated property, £3,055. Pop., 369. Houses, 76. The manor, with S. Park, belongs to R. Fellowes, Esq. The parish comprises the three quondam parishes of S.-St. Mary, S.-St. Martin, and S.-St. Botolph. The living is annexed to that of S.-All Saints. The churches of St. M. and St. B. have long been in ruins; but that of St. M. is still good. Charities, £6.

Shotesham St Mary through time

Shotesham St Mary is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Shotesham St Mary itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shotesham St Mary in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5140

Date accessed: 28th February 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Shotesham St Mary ".