Place:


East Hatley  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Hatley like this:

HATLEY (East), a parish in Caxton district, Cambridge; adjacent to Beds, 2½ miles SE of Gamlingay r. station, and 7½ NNW of Royston. Post town, Potton, under St. Neots. Acres, 1, 176. Rated property, £653. Pop., 139. Houses, 27. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged formerly to the Castell family; and belongsnowto Downing College, Cambridge. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Valne, £175. Patron, Downing College, Cambridge. The church contains monuments of the Castells, and was recently in disrepair.

East Hatley through time

East Hatley is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Hatley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Hatley in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5083

Date accessed: 24th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Hatley ".