Place:


Tabley Superior  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tabley Superior like this:

TABLEY (Over or Superior), a township and a chapelry in Rostherne parish, Cheshire. The township lies 1 mile WNW of Knutsford r. station. Acres, 2,659. Real property, £5,470. Pop., 490. Houses, 85. The manor belongs to Lord De Tabley and T. J. Brooke, Esq.—The chapelry includes also part of Mere township, and was constituted in 1855. ...


Post town, Knutsford. Pop., 792. Houses, 140. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £140.* Patron, alternately the Bishop of and T. J. Brooke, Esq. The church was built in 1855; and rebuilt, after destruction by fire, in 1856.

Tabley Superior through time

Tabley Superior is now part of Macclesfield district. Click here for graphs and data of how Macclesfield has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tabley Superior itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tabley Superior, in Macclesfield and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5055

Date accessed: 01st June 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tabley Superior ".