Place:


Adderley  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Adderley like this:

ADDERLEY, a township and a parish in Market Drayton district, Salop. The township lies on the Weaver river and the Nantwich and Market-Drayton railway, 4 miles N of M.-Drayton; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Market-Drayton. The parish includes also the township of Shavington and part of the township of Spoonley. ...


Acres, 2,850. Real property, £5,616. Pop., 428. Houses, 75. Adderley Hall is the seat of Richard Corbet, Esq.; and Shavington Hall is the seat of the Earl of Kilmorey. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £665.* Patron, R. Corbet, Esq. The church is good. Charities, £68.

Adderley through time

Adderley is now part of North Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Adderley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Adderley in North Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4956

Date accessed: 21st September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Adderley ".