Place:


Bramley  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bramley like this:

BRAMLEY, a parish and a subdistrict in Basingstoke district, Hants. The parish lies on the Reading and Basingstoke railway, 4½ miles N by E of Basingstoke; and has a post office under Basingstoke. Acres, 2,255. Real property, £2,425. Pop., 467. Houses, 96. The property is divided among a few. ...


The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £385.* Patron, Queen's College, Oxford. The church is ancient; has a brass of 1508, and a monument to Dr. Shaw, the oriental traveller; and is in good condition.- The subdistrict contains eight parishes. Acres, 21,591. Pop., 5,006. Houses, 1,021.

Bramley through time

Bramley is now part of Basingstoke and Deane district. Click here for graphs and data of how Basingstoke and Deane has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bramley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bramley, in Basingstoke and Deane and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4789

Date accessed: 28th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bramley ".