Place:


East Bradenham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Bradenham like this:

BRADENHAM (East), a parish in Swaffham district, Norfolk; on the river Wissey, 3¾ miles S of Wendling r. station, and 5 SW of East Dereham. Post Town, West Bradenham, under Thetford. Acres, 2,340. Real property, £3,246. Pop., 399. Houses, 86. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Henry S. Adlington, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £278.* Patron, H. S. Adlington, Esq. The church is of flint. Charities, £11.

East Bradenham through time

East Bradenham is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Bradenham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Bradenham, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4748

Date accessed: 09th May 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Bradenham ".