Place:


Aylmerton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aylmerton like this:

AYLMERTON, a parish in Erpingham district, Norfolk; near the coast, 3 miles WSW of Cromer, and 18 E of Walsingham r. station. Post Town, Cromer under Norwich. Acres, 1,679. Real property, £1,484. Pop., 250. Houses, 66. The property is divided among a few. Beacon Hill commands a fine prospect. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Runton, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £500. Patron, John Ketton, Esq. The church is later English, and was restored in 1865.

Aylmerton through time

Aylmerton is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Aylmerton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aylmerton in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4738

Date accessed: 09th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Aylmerton ".