Place:


Yelverton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Yelverton like this:

YELVERTON, a parish in Loddon district, Norfolk; 5 miles E of Swainsthorpe r. station, and 6 SE of Norwich. Post town, Framingham-Earl, under Norwich. Acres, 539. Real property, £1,054. Pop., 59. Houses, 15. The manor belongs to the Earl of Rosebery. The living is a rectory, united with Alpington, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £408.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good. Charities, £57.

Yelverton through time

Yelverton is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Yelverton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Yelverton in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4695

Date accessed: 28th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Yelverton ".