Place:


Wreningham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wreningham like this:

WRENINGHAM, a parish, with a village, in Henstead district, Norfolk; 2 miles WNW of Flordon r. station, and 4 SE by E of Wymondham. It has a post-office under Wymondham. Acres, 1,528. Real property, £2,949. Pop., 487. Houses, 91. The manor belongs to Lord Berners. The living is a rectory, annexed to Ashwellthorpe. The church is later English There are a national school, and charities £30.

Wreningham through time

Wreningham is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wreningham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wreningham in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4694

Date accessed: 21st February 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wreningham ".