Place:


Wimbotsham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wimbotsham like this:

WIMBOTSHAM, a parish, with a village, in Downham district, Norfolk; 1½ mile NE of Downham r. station. It has a post-office under Downham. Acres, 2,015. Real property, £3,995. Pop. in 1851, 606; in 1861, 508. Houses, 112. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to Sir T. Hare, Bart. The living is a rectory, annexed to Stow-Bardolph. The church was restored in 1854. There are two Methodist chapels.

Wimbotsham through time

Wimbotsham is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wimbotsham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wimbotsham in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4688

Date accessed: 06th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wimbotsham ".