Place:


Dry Drayton  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dry Drayton like this:

DRAYTON (Dry), a parish in Chesterton district, Cambridgeshire; on an affluent of the river Ouse, near the Via Devana, 2¾ miles SW of Oakington r. station, and 5¾ NW of Cambridge. It has a post office under Cambridge. Acres, 2, 389. Real property, 2, 636. Pop., 470. Houses, 107. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £320.* Patron, the Rev. Dr. Smith. The church has a brass of 1520, and is good. A school has £13 from endowment, and other charities £10.

Dry Drayton through time

Dry Drayton is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dry Drayton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dry Drayton in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4613

Date accessed: 25th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dry Drayton ".