Place:


Warmingham  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Warmingham like this:

WARMINGHAM, a township in Nantwich district, and a parish partly also in Congleton district, Cheshire. The township lies 1¾ mile W of Sandbach r. station, and has a post-office under Sandbach. Acres, 2,028. Real property, £3,228. Pop., 358. Houses, 71.—The parish contains three other townships, and comprises 4,730 acres. ...


Pop., 1,205. Houses, 238. The property is divided among a few. There are brass and iron foundries, an agricultural-implement manufactory, extensive bone-works, and extensive brick and tile yards. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chester. Value, £650.* Patron, Lord Crewe. The church was rebuilt in 1797. There are two Wesleyan chapels, an endowed school with £21 a year, and charities £10.

Warmingham through time

Warmingham is now part of Crewe and Nantwich district. Click here for graphs and data of how Crewe and Nantwich has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Warmingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Warmingham, in Crewe and Nantwich and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4580

Date accessed: 26th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Warmingham ".