Place:


Tabley Inferior  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tabley Inferior like this:

TABLEY (Nether or Inferior), a township in Great Budworth parish, Cheshire; 2 miles WSW of Knutsford r. station. Acres, 1,340. Real property, £1,943. Pop., 130. Houses, 30. The manor, with Tabley house , belongs to Lord De Tabley. A richly decorated chapel stands in the park; was built in 1675, by Sir P. Leycester, an ancestor of Lord De Tabley; and has a small endowment. A national school was built in 1856.

Tabley Inferior through time

Tabley Inferior is now part of Macclesfield district. Click here for graphs and data of how Macclesfield has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tabley Inferior itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tabley Inferior, in Macclesfield and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4575

Date accessed: 01st June 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tabley Inferior ".