Place:


Nettleden  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Nettleden like this:

NETTLEDEN, a chapelry in Pitstone parish, Bucks; contiguous to Herts, 2½ miles N E of Berkhampstead r.station. It contains part of the hamlet of Friesden; and its post town is Hemel Hempstead. Acres, 420. Real property, £1, 420. Pop., 124. Houses, 23. The property belongs to Earl Brownlow. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £58. Patron, Earl Brownlow. The church was built in 1470; waspartly rebuilt by the late Duke of Bridgewater; and contains a monumental marble tablet to R. Clark, Esq.

Nettleden through time

Nettleden is now part of Dacorum district. Click here for graphs and data of how Dacorum has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Nettleden itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Nettleden, in Dacorum and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4568

Date accessed: 24th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Nettleden ".