Place:


Pertenhall  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pertenhall like this:

PERTENHALL, formerly Peter's-Hall, a parish, with a village, in the district of St. Neots and county of Bedford; adjacent to Hunts, 2 miles S W by S of Kimbolton, and 7½ N E of Sharnbrook r. station. Post-town, Kimbolton, under St. Neots. Acres, 1,805. Real property, £3, 188. Pop., 404. ...


Houses, 95. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to John Martyn, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £510.* Patron, J. Beedham, Esq.The church consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with tower and spire; and contains monuments of the Martyns, and a tablet to a niece of Oliver Cromwell. There are a Moravian chapel, and charities above £50.

Pertenhall through time

Pertenhall is now part of Bedford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bedford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pertenhall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pertenhall, in Bedford and Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4506

Date accessed: 07th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pertenhall ".