Place:


Llanbedrog  Caernarvonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanbedrog like this:

LLANBEDROG, or LLANBADRIG, a parish in the district of Pwllheli, Carnarvon; on the E coast of the Lleyn peninsula, near St. Tudwall's bay, 4½ miles SW of Pwllheli, and 20¼ SW of Nantlle r. station. Post town, Pwllheli. Acres, 2,548; of which 387 are water. Real property, £2,642. ...


Pop., 469. Houses, 108. The property is not much divided. Wern-Vawr is a chief residence. Much of the land is rocky and waste. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacies of Llanfihangel-Bachelleth and Llangian, in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £385.* Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St. Petroc, and was recently in disrepair.

Llanbedrog through time

Llanbedrog is now part of Gwynedd district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gwynedd has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanbedrog itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanbedrog, in Gwynedd and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4427

Date accessed: 17th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanbedrog ".