Place:


Wardley  Rutland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wardley like this:

WARDLEY, a parish in Uppingham district, Rutland; 2½ miles W by N of Uppingham, and 4¼ SW of Manton r. station. Post town, Uppingham. Acres, 1,550. Real property, £1,158. Pop., 68. Houses, 13. The manor belongs to the Rev. J. H. Fludyer. The living is a rectory, united with Belton, in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £389.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is old.

Wardley through time

Wardley is now part of Rutland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rutland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wardley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wardley in Rutland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4374

Date accessed: 05th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wardley ".