Place:


Datchworth  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Datchworth like this:

DATCHWORTH, a parish in the district and county of Hertford; 3 miles NE of Welwyn r. station, and 6¼ NW of Hertford. Post town, Welwyn. Acres, 1, 921. Real property, £2, 756. Pop., 635. Houses, 122. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £382.* Patron, Clare Hall, Cambridge. The church is old but good.

Datchworth through time

Datchworth is now part of East Hertfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Hertfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Datchworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Datchworth in East Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4363

Date accessed: 19th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Datchworth ".