Place:


Caldecote  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Caldecote like this:

CALDECOTT, a parish in Hitchin district, Herts; on the verge of the county, near Icknield-street 3¼ miles N by W of Baldock r. station. Post Town, Newnham, under Baldock. Acres, 318. Real property, £484. Pop., 44. Houses, 11. The property is all in one estate. Roman urns have been found. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £75. Patron,C. Hale, Esq. The church was reported in 1859 to need repair.

Caldecote through time

Caldecote is now part of North Hertfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Hertfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Caldecote itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Caldecote in North Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4358

Date accessed: 22nd January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Caldecote ".