Place:


Allensmore  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Allensmore like this:

ALLENSMORE, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; near Tram-Inn r. station, 4 miles SW of Hereford. It has a post office under Hereford. Acres, 2,007. Real property, £3,061. Pop., 612. Houses, 156. The property is not much divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, not reported. Patron, the Bishop of Hereford. The church is in disrepair. There are Wesleyan Methodist and Primitive Methodist chapels. Charities, £15.

Allensmore through time

Allensmore is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Allensmore itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Allensmore in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4303

Date accessed: 17th April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Allensmore".