Place:


Burtonwood  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Burtonwood like this:

BURTON-WOOD, a township-chapelry in Warrington parish, Lancashire; adjacent to the Sankey canal and the Liverpool and Manchester railway, 1 mile S of Collins-Green r. station, and 4 NW by N of Warrington. Post Town, Warrington. Acres, 4,144. Real property, £6,545. Pop., 990. Houses, 188. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £96. Patron, the Rector of Warrington. The church is fair; and there is a school with £12 from endowment.

Burtonwood through time

Burtonwood is now part of Warrington district. Click here for graphs and data of how Warrington has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Burtonwood itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Burtonwood, in Warrington and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4245

Date accessed: 16th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Burtonwood ".