Place:


Pixley  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pixley like this:

PIXLEY, a parish in Ledbury district, Hereford; 1¼mile S S E of Ashperton r. station, and 3½ W by N of Ledbury. Post-town, Ledbury. Acres, 655. Real property, £940. Pop., 110. Houses, 18. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £102. Patron, Earl Somers. The church is ancient.

Pixley through time

Pixley is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pixley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pixley in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4121

Date accessed: 16th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pixley ".