Place:


Chelsham  Surrey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chelsham like this:

CHELSHAM, a parish in Godstone district, Surrey; on the verge of the county, 2½ miles E of Warlingham r. station, and 6¼ SE of Croydon. Post town, Warlingham, under Croydon. Acres, 3, 314. Real property, £2, 181. Pop., 401. Houses, 68. The property is divided among a few. An ancient oblong camp is on Battlehill. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Warlingham, in the diocese of Winchester. The church is early English, and has an ancient font.

Chelsham through time

Chelsham is now part of Tandridge district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tandridge has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chelsham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chelsham, in Tandridge and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4090

Date accessed: 16th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chelsham ".