Place:


Beauworth  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Beauworth like this:

BEAUWORTH, or Beaworth, a parish in Alresford district, Hants; 4¾ miles S of Alresford r. station, and 6½ ESE of Winchester. Post Town, Cheriton, under Alresford. Acres, 1,214. Real property, £1,194. Pop., 127. Houses, 28. A leaden box containing about 700 coins of William the Conqueror and William Rufus was found here in 1833. The parish is a resort of sportsmen. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Cheriton, in the diocese of Winchester.

Beauworth through time

Beauworth is now part of Winchester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Winchester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Beauworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Beauworth, in Winchester and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4010

Date accessed: 18th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Beauworth".