Place:


Exton  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Exton like this:

EXTON, a village and a parish in Droxford district, Hants. The village stands 2 miles N by E of Droxford, and 5 NE of Bishops-Waltham r. station; and has a post office under Southampton. The parish comprises 2, 464 acres. Real property, £2, 640. Pop., 257. Houses, 41. Exton Lodge is a principal residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, 331.* Patron, the Bishop of Winchester. The church was rebuilt in 1847, and is in the early English style.

Exton through time

Exton is now part of Winchester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Winchester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Exton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Exton, in Winchester and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3992

Date accessed: 13th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Exton ".