Place:


Hanworth  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hanworth like this:

HANWORTH, a parish in Erpingham district, Norfolk; on the river Bure, 5½ miles NNE of Alysham, and 6 NW of N. Walsham r. station. It has a post office under Norwich. Acres, 1, 347. Real property, £1, 890. Pop., 227. Houses, 56. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Lord Suffield. Hanworth Hall is a modern brick mansion, amid fine grounds. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Gunton, in the diocese of Norwich. The church is good; and there are charities £10.

Hanworth through time

Hanworth is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hanworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hanworth in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3914

Date accessed: 04th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hanworth ".