Place:


St Eval  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Eval like this:

EVAL (St.), a parish in St. Columb district, Cornwall; on the coast, 4½ miles NW by W of St. Columb-Major, and 14 NW of St. Austell r. station. Post town, St. Columb, Cornwall. Acres, 2, 886. Real property, £3, 646. Pop., 295. Houses, 61. The property is sub-divided. Trethvall was the seat of the Nanfans. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £162.* Patron, the Bishop of Exeter. The church was built in 1727, has a lofty tower, and is a landmark to mariners. There are two dissenting chapels.

St Eval through time

St Eval is now part of North Cornwall district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Cornwall has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Eval itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Eval in North Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3879

Date accessed: 18th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Eval ".