Place:


Little Shelford  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Shelford like this:

SHELFORD (Little), a parish, with a village, in Chesterton district, Cambridge; ½ a mile WSW of Shelford r. station, and 4½ S of Cambridge. It has a post-office under Cambridge. Acres, 1,200. Real property, £2,534. Pop. in 1851, 580; in 1861, 474. Houses, 102. The manor belongs to J. E. Law, Esq. The manor-house is the residence of Mrs. Gray; and S. Hall, of Col. R. G. Wale. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £400.* Patron, J. E. Law, Esq. The church is decorated English. There is an Independent chapel.

Little Shelford through time

Little Shelford is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Shelford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Shelford in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3825

Date accessed: 04th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Shelford ".