Place:


Croxton  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Croxton like this:

CROXTON, a parish in Caxton district, Cambridge; contiguous with Hunts, 3¾ miles W by N of Caxton, and 5 E by S of St. Neots r. station. Post town, Caxton, under Royston. Acres, 1, 901. Real property, £1, 675. Pop., 267. Houses, 48. The property is divided among a few. Croxton Park is the seat of G. O. Newton, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £185.* Patron, G. O. Newton, Esq. The church is tolerable; and there are charities £35.

Croxton through time

Croxton is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Croxton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Croxton in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3784

Date accessed: 29th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Croxton ".