Place:


Walton  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Walton like this:

WALTON, a parish in Newport-Pagnell district, Bucks; 2 miles N of Fenny-Stratford r. station. Post town, Bletchley-Station. Acres, 757. Real property, £1,326. Pop., 95. Houses, 21. The manor, with W. Hall, belongs to Miss Pinfold. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £300.* Patron, alternately the Lord Chancellor and the Rev. G. W. Pearse. The church was recently restored. Charities, £20.

Walton through time

Walton is now part of Milton Keynes district. Click here for graphs and data of how Milton Keynes has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Walton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Walton, in Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3742

Date accessed: 22nd June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Walton".