Place:


Sundon  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sundon like this:

SUNDON, a parish in Luton district, Beds; 4 miles NE of Dunstable r. station. It has a postal pillar-box under Dunstable. Acres, 2,160. Real property, £2,631. Pop., 450. Houses, 100. Most of the land belongs to the executors of Sir E. H. Turner, Bart. The living is a vicarage, united with Streatley, in the diocese of Ely. Value, £163.* Patrons, the Trustees of Sir E. H. Turner, Bart. The church is early English. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Sundon through time

Sundon is now part of South Bedfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Bedfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sundon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sundon in South Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3576

Date accessed: 25th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sundon ".