Place:


West Lexham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Lexham like this:

LEXHAM (WEST), a parish in Mitford district, Norfolk; 2¼ miles E of the Peddar way, 3 W of Litcham, and 3¾ NNW of Dunham r. station. Post town, Litcham, under Swaffham. Acres, 1,155. Real property, £992. Pop., 152. Houses, 27. The property belongs to the Earl of Leicester. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £196.* Patron, the Rev. N. Davies. The church is ancient.

West Lexham through time

West Lexham is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Lexham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Lexham, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3522

Date accessed: 16th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Lexham ".