Place:


Boughton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Boughton like this:

BOUGHTON, a parish in Downham district, Norfolk; 1 ½ mile N of Stoke-Ferry, and 6 E by S of Downham r. station. Post Town, Stoke-Ferry, under Brandon. Acres, 1,323. Real property, £2,198. Pop., 238. Houses, 45. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £400.* Patron, Sir W. J. H. B. Folkes, Bart.

Boughton through time

Boughton is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Boughton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Boughton in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3502

Date accessed: 21st October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Boughton ".