Place:


North Stoneham  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Stoneham like this:

STONEHAM (North), a parish, with five hamlets, in South Stoneham district, Hants; on the Southwestern railway, 1½ mile SSW of Bishopstoke r. station, and 4¼ N by E of Southampton. It has a post-office under Southampton. Acres, 5,010. Real property, £10,746. Pop. in 1851, 726; in 1861, 963. ...


Houses, 170. The increase of pop. arose from the sale of a common for building purposes. S. Park is the seat of J. Fleming, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £536.* Patron, J. Fleming, Esq. The church is of the 15th century. Charities, £12.

North Stoneham through time

North Stoneham is now part of Test Valley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Test Valley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Stoneham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Stoneham, in Test Valley and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3466

Date accessed: 29th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Stoneham ".