Little Petherick  Cornwall


In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Petherick like this:

PETHERICK (Little), a parish in St. Columb district, Cornwall; on a creek of the Camel estuary, 2 miles S of Padstow, and 13½ N W by W of Bodmin-Road r.station. It has a fair on 14 June; and its post town is Padstow, Cornwall. Acres, 1, 215. Real property, £1, 386. Pop., 236. Houses, 47. The manor belongs to J. Paynter, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £203.* Patrons, the Representatives of the late Sir W. Molesworth. The church is ancient, was restored in 1831, has an ivy-clad tower, and contains a copy of Fox's Book of Martyrs of 1684.

Little Petherick through time

Little Petherick is now part of North Cornwall district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Cornwall has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Petherick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Petherick in North Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.


Date accessed: 06th December 2021

Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Petherick ".