Place:


Cockayne Hatley  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cockayne Hatley like this:

COCKAYNE-HATLEY, or Hatiey-Port, a parish in Biggleswade district, Beds; adjacent to the boundary with Cambridge, 2 miles E of Potton r. station, and 5½ NE of Biggleswade. Post town, Potton, under St. Neots. Acres, 1, 161. Real property, £1, 141. Pop., 126. Houses, 25. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £151. Patron, the Rev. H.Cust. The church is a neat edifice, in the Norman style, with a tower

Cockayne Hatley through time

Cockayne Hatley is now part of Mid Bedfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Bedfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cockayne Hatley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cockayne Hatley in Mid Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3453

Date accessed: 01st December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cockayne Hatley ".